It's finally here! I am absolutely in love with this book so far! There are so, so many great resources and ideas in this first chapter!
1. What part of the reading caught your attention? Maybe it's something you never thought about. Maybe it's something that you've been trying to get a grip on. Maybe it's something that you've never heard quite they way it was put.
Since I am moving to 5th grade this year, I really paid attention to the suggestions on how to have students respond in their notebooks. I remember teaching in 3rd grade and it was always an area I wanted to improve in.
2. How do you already incorporate this into your guided reading routine? There's probably at least some part of the chapter that you're already doing! Tell us about it!
There are so many great things! I loved all the word work ideas for Primary Grades... especially since I did it all in my Kindergarten classroom. If I was going back to Kindergarten, I would definitely be adding more poetry back into my centers and activities.
3. What is something new you want to try next school year? How do you want to make your guided reading time better or what new things do you want to try?
Because of how my new job is... I actually won't be doing Guided Reading at all next year. However, I will be using some of the ideas of recording and holding students responsible for responses in their Social Studies notebook.
4. What are some resources that you ALREADY HAVE that you can use to teach what you read about in this chapter/section?
There are so many resources.... I even created a pack to help me stay on track:
5. What are some NEW resources that you want to get or try to use to teach what you read about in this chapter/section?
If I was going back into Kindergarten and wanting to increase the poetry... I'd use Dee Dee Willis' monthly poetry sets. They are WONDERFUL!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Because my set has been such an amazing help to me, I'm going to giveaway 5 of them!! Just register in the rafflecopter below!
Don't forget to read what others have as well! There might even be a freebie or two :)